This Agreement was last revised on October 31, 2020
1. Use of Our Service
Meylah provides a comprehensive online platform for individuals and organizations to conduct their business, sell their products, share information, and teach their knowledge.
- EligibilityThis Service is intended solely for Users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older, and any registration, use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. If you are under 18 years of age you may use the Service only if you either are an emancipated minor or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by Meylah.
- Member AccountsYou do not have to register in order to visit Meylah. To access certain features of the Service, you will need to register with Meylah and create a “Member” account. Your Member account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. We may maintain different types of accounts for different types of Members. If you open a Member account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (a) “you” includes you and that entity, and (b) you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement, and that you agree to this Agreement on the entity’s behalf.
You may never use another Member’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information including your full legal name, current address, a valid email address, and any other information needed in order to complete registration. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Meylah immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Meylah will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
By providing Meylah your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
You may cancel your account at anytime online at www.meylah.com.
- Service RulesYou agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”; (ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Meylah servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that Meylah grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from Meylah.com for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (iii) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (v) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (vi) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (vii) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; (viii) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes; (ix) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (x) interfering with the proper working of the Service; (xi) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service; or (xii) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein.
Accessing the audiovisual content available on the Service for any purpose or in any manner other than Streaming (as defined below) is expressly prohibited. “Streaming” means a contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet from the Meylah Service to a User’s device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the User.
Meylah may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in Meylah’s sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
All aspects of the Service are subject to change or elimination at Meylah’s sole discretion. Meylah reserves the right to interrupt the Service with or without prior notice for any reason or no reason. You agree that Meylah will not be liable to you for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Meylah Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. Meylah shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Meylah member, customer, employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
2. User Content
Some areas of the Service may allow Users to post content such as product information, images, video, feedback, comments, questions, and other information (“User Content”). You are solely responsible for your User Content that you upload, publish, display, link to or otherwise make available (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand that whether or not such User Content published, Meylah does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Content.
You agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets); (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current. You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below), rights of publicity and privacy. To the extent that your User Content contains music, you hereby represent that you are the owner of all the copyright rights, including without limitation the performance, mechanical, and sound recordings rights, with respect to each and every musical composition (including lyrics) and sound recording contained in such User Content and have the power to grant the license granted below. Meylah reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Meylah believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions. You understand that publishing your User Content on the Service is not a substitute for registering it with the U.S. Copyright Office, the Writer’s Guild of America, or any other rights organization.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
Meylah takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Service, is solely your responsibility. In connection with your User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant the following:
- You are at least 18 years of age and have not been previously removed from the Service, or if you are under 18 years of age you are either an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
- You have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Service and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
- Your User Content and Meylah’s use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Service will not infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights and rights of publicity.
- Meylah may exercise the rights to your User Content granted under this Agreement without liability for payment of any guild fees, residuals, payments, fees, or royalties payable under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.
- To the best of your knowledge, all your User Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
Meylah is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, objectionable, or inappropriate for children, and you agree that Meylah shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such User Content.
3. User Content License Grant
You retain all your ownership rights in your User Content. By posting any User Content on the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to Meylah a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service. You also hereby grant each User of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Service, and to use, display and perform such User Content solely as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under this Agreement.
The above licenses granted by you in your User Content terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your User Content from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that Meylah may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of User Content that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in User Content for which the Service does not provide you a means to delete or remove are perpetual and irrevocable.
4. End User License Grant
A Meylah Service. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable, license to use the Service. Meylah reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the Meylah Content (as defined below). Meylah may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
5. Our Proprietary Rights
Except for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, and User Content (the “Meylah Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Meylah and its licensors. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any materials or content accessible on the Service. Use of the Meylah Content or materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited. Meylah Content is made available on the Service at Meylah’s sole discretion, and we may remove or modify any Meylah Content, including by removing it altogether, without any obligation to you.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Meylah under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Meylah does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Meylah, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. Paid Services
- Billing Policies. Certain aspects of the Service may be provided for a fee or other charge. If you elect to use paid aspects of the Service, you agree to the terms of sale, pricing, payment and billing policies applicable to such fees and charges, posted Meylah may add new services or content for additional fees and charges, or amend content, fees, and charges for existing services, at any time in its sole discretion.The service will be billed in annual intervals or in 30 day intervals if applicable. A valid credit card or PayPal account is required for all accounts on a recurring/renewal basis. If you wish to discontinue your membership, please terminate your account and Meylah will no longer bill your credit card or PayPal account.
Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only taxes in connection with Meylah’s income.
- No Refunds. You may cancel your Member account at any time; however, there are no refunds for cancellation. In the event that Meylah suspends or terminates your account or this Agreement, you understand and agree that you shall receive no refund or exchange for any unused time on a subscription, any license or subscription fees for any portion of the Service, any content or data associated with your account, or for anything else.
- Pricing. Prices for using Meylah are subject to change upon 14 day’s notice from Meylah. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Service.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
9. DMCA Notice
Since we respect content owner rights, it is Meylah’s policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”).
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify Meylah’s copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Meylah to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
DMCA Notice Meylah, Corporation
3020 Issaquah-Pine Lake Road SE, PMB 540, Sammamish, WA 98075
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Meylah and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Meylah’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Meylah has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Meylah’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Meylah may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
10. Third-Party Links
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Meylah and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that is submitted via your account; or (vi) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
12. No Warranty
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MEYLAH, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
MEYLAH DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE MEYLAH SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, AND MEYLAH WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
13. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MEYLAH, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MEYLAH BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MEYLAH ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL MEYLAH, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO MEYLAH HEREUNDER.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF MEYLAH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
The Service is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States. Meylah makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Meylah without restriction.
In addition to the other terms and conditions in this Agreement, this Section 15 applies to Partners.
- Payments. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing, Meylah shall remit payments due to you hereunder no later than thirty (30) days after the end of each fiscal quarter in which the applicable fees are received. Payments shall only be made in those fiscal quarters in which the amount due to you totals at least $500.00. Unpaid amounts due shall accrue until the next fiscal quarter in which the amount due is at least $500.00. All payments are subject to Meylah’s recovery of any and all applicable setup fees and/or integrations costs. Payments shall be calculated based on amounts actually received by Meylah after any discounts granted to Members and net of any costs of acquiring Members, such as charge backs, cancellations, fees, and the like. Meylah reserves the right to withhold payment or charge back to your account any amounts otherwise due to us under this Agreement, or amounts due to any breach of this Agreement by you, pending Meylah’s reasonable investigation of such breach. To ensure proper payment, you are solely responsible for providing and maintaining accurate contact and payment information associated with your account, which includes without limitation applicable tax information. If we believe that we are obligated to obtain tax information and you do not provide this information to us after we have requested it, we may withhold your payments until you provide this information or otherwise satisfy us that you are not a person or entity from whom we are required to obtain tax information. Any bank fees related to returned or cancelled checks due to a contact or payment information error or omission may be deducted from the newly issued payment. You agree to pay all applicable taxes or charges imposed by any government entity in connection with your participation in the Service. If you dispute any payment made hereunder, you must notify Meylah in writing within thirty (30) days of any such payment; failure to so notify Meylah shall result in the waiver by you of any claim relating to any such disputed payment. Payment shall be calculated solely based on records maintained by Meylah. No other measurements or statistics of any kind shall be accepted by Meylah or have any effect under this Agreement.
- Term and Termination. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Meylah may terminate this Agreement immediately upon ten (10) days written notice for any reason or no reason.
- Confidential Information. During the term of this Agreement, each party (the “Disclosing Party”) may provide the other party (the “Receiving Party”) with certain information regarding the Disclosing Party’s business, technology, products, or services or other confidential or proprietary information (collectively, “Confidential Information”). The Disclosing Party will mark all Confidential Information in tangible form as “confidential” or “proprietary” or with a similar legend, and/or identify all Confidential Information disclosed orally as confidential at the time of disclosure. Regardless of whether so marked or identified, any information, materials, or content that, under the circumstances, a reasonable person would consider confidential will be considered Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party.
- Protection of Confidential Information. The Receiving Party agrees that it will not use or disclose to any third party any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party, except for the purposes of performing its obligations or exercising its license rights under this Agreement. The Receiving Party will limit access to the Confidential Information to those employees who have a need to know, who have confidentiality obligations no less restrictive than those set forth herein. In addition, the Receiving Party will protect the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner that it protects its own proprietary information of a similar nature, but in no event with less than reasonable care. At the Disclosing Party’s request or following termination of this Agreement, the Receiving Party will return to the Disclosing Party or destroy or (or delete in the case of electronic files) all copies of the Confidential Information that the Receiving Party does not have a continuing right to use under this Agreement. The Receiving Party acknowledges that disclosure of Confidential Information would cause substantial harm for which damages alone would not be a sufficient remedy, and therefore that upon any such disclosure by the Receiving Party the Disclosing Party shall be entitled to appropriate equitable relief, including without limitation injunctive relief, in addition to whatever other remedies it might have at law.
- Exceptions. The confidentiality obligations set forth in this section will not apply to any information that (a) becomes generally available to the public through no fault of the Receiving Party; (b) is lawfully provided to the Receiving Party by a third party free of any confidentiality duties or obligations; (c) was already known to the Receiving Party at the time of disclosure; or (d) was independently developed by employees and contractors of the Receiving Party without use of or reference to the Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party. In addition, the Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information to the extent that such disclosure is necessary for the Receiving Party to enforce its rights under this Agreement or is required by law or by the order of a court or similar judicial or administrative body, provided that the Receiving Party promptly notifies the Disclosing Party in writing of such required disclosure and cooperates with the Disclosing Party if the Disclosing Party seeks an appropriate protective order.
- Governing Law. You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Washington; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Meylah, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Washington. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Washington, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Any claim or dispute between you and Meylah that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in King County, Washington, unless submitted to arbitration as set forth in the following paragraph.
- Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) under this Agreement where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. The party electing such arbitration shall initiate the arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, as selected by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Notification Procedures. Meylah may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by Meylah in our sole discretion. Meylah reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement. Meylah is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us. We recommend that you add email@example.com to your email address book to help ensure you receive email notifications from us.
- Entire Agreement/Severability. This Agreement, together with any amendments and any documents referenced herein, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Meylah concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- No Waiver. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Meylah’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this Agreement.